Whether you’re hitting the beach all day, or visiting on a late evening excursion, a trip to the beach calls for the perfect line-up of good books, cocktails on tap and, of course, a fool-proof batch of beach beauty products. Although packing your seaside essentials may seem like a walk in the park, you can never be too prepared when it comes to humidity, heat, sun and sand. We’re here to cover all bases so you don’t have to. From revitalising facial mist to must-have accessories, we’ve rounded up our beach beauty essentials to keep you polished and protected in the sun all day long.
- SPF: Of course we’re starting off with the holy-grail, ride or die product of beach beauty- SPF. No matter how much joy it brings, the sun is not your friend, so it’s important to load up on sun protection to shield your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It can be difficult to find a sunscreen that feels good, or one that doesn’t leave a white, chalky film, but our prayers have finally been answered. 2019 is the year of revolutionary beauty products, and with a plethora of SPF’s readily available in the high-street, our search for a non-greasy, weightless SPF has come to a halt. The key is to reapply often, as even water resistant formulas only last for a maximum of 80 minutes before wearing off. The perfect cocktail for your skin throughout a long Summer’s day!
- Cooling mist: In the hot summer sun, a facial mist is the perfect way to cool down and refresh your skin when you’re feeling frazzled. Stash a revitalising, purifying spray toner or cooling mist in your bag to give your face and body the hydration hit it needs throughout the day. It not only works to remove any dirt that may have built up throughout the day, but it also restores moisture to dry, congested skin, leaving you feeling fresh and reenergised to return to your beachside activities.
- Makeup wipes: Every girl is no stranger to a trusty makeup wipe, whether it’s for a quick and easy makeup removal after a night out, or as part of your lazy Sunday beauty regime. But, did you know they’re also perfect for a quick pick-me-up at the beach too? Even if you’re going au naturel, a makeup wipe will help you remove any sand, salt or sweat that may be clogging up your pores, instantly giving you a boost of freshness. Thankfully, there are a ton of biodegradable and reusable makeup wipes on the market that combine the convenience and practicality of a typical wipe, without harming the environment. A fresh face and a clear conscience!
- Sunglasses: Though sunglasses are a staple in completing any Summer look, they’re also essential for providing eye protection from the sun on a trip to the beach. They don’t only protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, but they also reduce the risk of acquiring wrinkles due to squinting in the sun. Opt for a pair of sunglasses with wide frames that will provide your eyes with coverage, and if it has a high UV rating, that’s a huge bonus! Sun protection has never looked so fabulous.
- Hair-care: Salt water and wind at the beach can leave your hair feeling a little lack-lustre and parched, while the sun can take a toll on your colour. If your hair has taken a beating from the salty waves, try spritzing in a detangler before tackling your tangles to ensure there isn’t any tugging or snapping of your hair. Follow up with a wet brush, designed specifically to comb through wet hair, leaving it tangle and frizz free. Hot and humid weather is a perfect recipe for frizzy hair, so if you need an extra hand keeping your frizz at bay, spray and smooth a de-frizzing product into hair. It not only tames fly-aways, but it also replenishes your hair’s natural oils, making it shiny and soft in the process.
What are your beach beauty essentials for the Summer?
Check out our last blog on the hottest Summer nail trends this year, so you can dig your digits all Summer long!