As New Year quickly approaches, it’s out with the old and in with the new. With every season, you can always expect a new wave of hair trends to emerge, and this season it is no different. 2018 has handed us endless inspiration for salon-perfect hair while saving us the cash and the trip to the salon. We fell in love with the Kim Kardashian platinum blonde look, and we vowed to never talk about Katy Perry’s slime green pixie cut ever again. So, it’s time to reflect on the most-loved hairstyles of 2018 as we make our way into 2019 with party-perfect New Year hair.
The comeback of Old Hollywood glamour
It’s no myth that style, makeup and hair trends always come back around. Old Hollywood glamour is making a comeback and has been lusted over by a long list of a-listers, from the elegant and sophisticated Blake Lively to the modern and edgy Zendaya.
- Start by creating a deep side parting in your hair to create volume and texture.
- Separate your hair into sections and curl towards your face to create soft, seamless curls.
- Once you release the hair from the curling iron, roll the curl into itself and pin loosely against your head.
- Continue curling all of the sections until your hair is completely pinned, and then allow your hair to cool to set the curls.
- Once all of your hair is curled, brush your curls out lightly and seal the deal with a light coating of hairspray to lock your finished, ultra-glamorous look into place.
Loose waves with a twist
Even in the cold winter months, loose, beach waves are universally coveted by virtually everyone. There are many different ways to achieve this look, from straighteners, to hair wands, and even a no-heat, no-damage option. If you’re no stranger to a low maintenance hair routine, then the no-heat method is a perfect alternative for you. While you’re hair is damp, strategically twist sections of your hair and secure them at the crown of your head. Let your hair down in the morning and you will have lust-worthy beach curls. If you want to seamlessly transition this look from day to night, opt for a centre French plait to add something ultra-dazzling to your New Year hair look. French plait your hair backwards and secure it at the crown of your head. As this style is incredibly versatile, you can either secure your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun.
Sleek slicked back hair
This perfect party New Year hair look has recently taken the red carpet by storm and is one that will work for any hair type and with any outfit.
- Start by combing a small amount of gel through your locks, pulling hair away from your face to achieve a slick, sleek effect.
- Spritz a firm-hold hairspray to lock all of your hard work in place.
- Alternatively, up the beauty stakes by keeping your hair dry and textured to add a more edgy feel to your look.
- Use a round brush head while blow-drying your hair upwards to achieve a voluminous, textured look.
Whether you’re going for understated elegance or edgy party girl this NYE, this hairstyle is sure to be a head turner.
Which of these hairstyles are you going to be rocking into 2019?