Warren Holmes Nicky Clarke shares his top survival tips for festival hairhttps://vanityvan.co.uk/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Vanity Van Vanity Van https://vanityvan.co.uk/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Guest blog from Warren Holmes, International Creative Director, Nicky Clarke
Backstage Hairdresser of the Year 2013 Warren Holmes has kindly put together his TOP TIPS for maintaining fabulous festival hair.
Here are my tips to managing and styling your hair throughout a festival:
• The night before, give you hair a good wash and use an intense moisturising conditioner. Use a good foundation product when wet like a strong holding mousse and dry into your hair
• Tong your hair, so it has movement and shape…..the bigger the better, you have 3-4 days for it to drop and play with.
• Accessorise, Hair accessories are huge for Spring/Summer 2010, look at Marc Jacobs for inspiration. Bows, Berets, Headbands and the obligatory oversized Hats are all always cool but why not try something a little different, a sailors Hat or Knickers pinned into your hair. (Check out my 4 way plait video for a video tutorial on this look)
• Dry Shampoo is a great product to replenish hair and make it feel fresher. It also adds great texture and builds up some volume at the roots which is ideal when hair gets greasy and ways it down. If Dry Shampoo isn’t an option then go for Talking Powder.
• Avoid too much product, Serums, waxes etc. Your Hairs natural oil’s will show through themselves so avoid anything else that will make Hair oily.
• Plait hair at night to keep a curl and avoid frizz
• Avoid touching throughout the day, dirt on hands will build up grease
Mostly remember, have fun with your hair- it’s a great accessory and can be styled in many ways. Plan daily looks as you would an outfit. Tong your hair before you go and work it out throughout the weekend by brushing and combing out. Plait Hair to one side or pin the back underneath leaving just the sides out, use bows berets and anything you can think of and at least one day wear a hat but make sure your hair is still done underneath that hat. Have Fun and beware of the beers flying overhead!”
Follow Warren – @WarrenMHolmes or facebook/WarrenMHolmes.
For further information on Warren Holmes, International Creative Director at Nicky Clarke please call Rachael Grieve at ajc pr on 0131 621 7210 or email email@example.com