Male grooming is as popular as ever, and Vanity Van is always inundated with requests for pampering treatments for men at the events and festivals we attend. Below are some quick grooming tips for the boys:
The Beard Craze
Many have predicted the end of the beard craze, but it’s still going strong! We love good face hair, but remember, it needs proper maintenance. For a sleek look, follow our handy tips:
- Invest in a beard wash, which unlike many shampoos will not strip out all your natural oils. Wash it daily, then dry and comb it through for a sharper, less scruffy look. You can buy a beard comb to make this easier, but any sturdy comb will do. Wooden combs are the best.
- Next, apply a good conditioning beard oil (remember, you don’t need to rinse it out). The more often you do this the softer your beard will be, and it also gives a nice sheen.
- Do go to a good barber regularly, to maintain condition and shape – and don’t undertake a radical change of style without professional help! You can tidy up split ends and stragglers in between appointments with some good quality beard scissors.
The hottest looks for 2016 will be the full beard, the tight beard and shadow or stubble. Just make sure you pick a style that suits your face shape and hair style. We hear that beard dyeing will be in too… Love it! And check out the latest glitter beard and bauble looks for Christmas!
- For smooth-cheeked gents, a luxury wet shave at your local barber is a real treat. You get a smooth, clean cut, a smart finish, and baby soft skin. The best way to recover from a big night out, pep up your skin, or indulge in some relaxation. We highly recommend them.
- One of our luxury wet shaves includes a facial using hot towels, luxurious shave oils and creams, a massage and cologne. Our clients love them.
Beauty hints and tips
- Whether you are clean shaven or bearded, it’s still important to maintain smooth healthy skin. To do this, avoid harsher products such as scrubs, or anything that contains alcohol. Daily moisturising is a must. Use an oil based product to form a protective layer if you tend to have dryer flaky skin, or a lighter one if you have oily patches.
- Use a gentle exfoliator once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and brighten up sluggish skin. Take care around your eye area, and invest in a good eye cream to avoid dark circles.
- Lots of our male clients book manicures, to keep their hands soft and well maintained. Your hands will crack easily in the cold, if they are frequently in water or if you use them a lot for manual work. Even with office based work your hands can dehydrate and age, so don’t forget to look after them regularly. A full manicure that includes a moisturising arm and hand massage is just the job.
- Remember to keep hydrated. 8 glasses of water a day is ideal for keeping your skin looking healthy.
If you fancy pampering your teams this winter you can book any of the above treatments with Vanity Van as a reward for staff in the office for their hard work this year, or to say thank you to clients or customers. We provide a full range of treatments for men, and have multiple bookings over the winter season from our corporate and retail clients, such as H&M, to provide full pampering sessions for men of all ages.